Saturday 4 June 2011

Thursday 2nd June

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

The Flåm train trip was fantastic. I caught the first one of the day at 8.35 and it takes about an hour to reach the top and then another hour down again. It's the steepest adhesion only railway in the world (no rack system) and it climbs over 860 metres in 20 kms. All the way up we had fantastic views of mountains and waterfalls and valleys and good grief, is that the track up there? Actually the views aren't all the way up as there are 20 tunnels along the route. It stops at a few stations  and one of those is beside a fantastic waterfall. I'm sure the photos will not do the experience justice but here are some anyway.













Back on the road and heading north again, can you tell?





3 comments:

Lisa said...

More wonderful photos! I almost wish I had a job so I could set them as my desktop :)
Glad you're having such a good time and that I got to talk to you today.
Loads of love
xxxxxxxxxx

Sarah said...

The Flåm railway trip does sound (and look) amazing and I'm so glad you've done it at last! Fluffy looks very happy standing in the snow.
Onwards and upwards. xxxxx

Big Bruv said...

Hi Little Bruv, we know the feeling Wow! I see you got the Maids in the Mist Show which unfortunately I think is quite naff and made worse by the fact you have to see it on the way up and again on the way down. However the railway and scenery more than offset it.